I have a confession: I love food! My love for food is so strong that I label myself a foodie and am often a viewer of sinfully delectable photos of sweet treats and main course dishes that us foodies have labeled "food porn". Food and pornography have a bit of a connection because they both have the ability to bring about arousal and get the body in the mood for a sexual experience.
You may be thinking: how is that possible??
It's sexual common knowledge that certain foods act as aphrodisiacs that appeal to the sexual senses. Certain foods within this category resemble sexual organs while others contain vitamins and minerals that help trigger the release of those feel good amino acids within the brain responsible for sexual arousal. Adding the use of food to the foreplay process to help your partner lift off from the ground floor of the arousal stages is a great way to feed the body and add diversity into what might typically be a mundane sexual intro. As always with sex, anything goes as long as it isn't harmful to the body, but when it comes to using food as a way to arouse, there are a few guidelines that one should keep in mind.
If you are a foodie like myself or simply an adventurous spirit looking to add some spice to your sex life, check out these awesome tips on how to incorporate food into your foreplay experience!
If you are going to use food on the body or near the genitals, here are a few basic guidelines to consider:
- Be careful using tempered foods near the genitals. Hot foods can cause surface burns on the delicate skin, and super chilled foods may cause a decrease in erection if used on or near the penis.
- Foods that are high in sugar (fruits, syrups, whipped creams) should be kept away from the vagina. Sugar causes an overgrowth of yeast and can create a nasty yeast infection if it comes in contact with the vaginal ecosystem that already contains a natural level of yeast
- Make sure your partner isn't allergic to any of the foods that you decide to use during the foodie foreplay
- Make sure to have towels near by to clean off the areas of the body where the food was placed before getting into penetrative sex, or have a bath prepared for the clean up process (this is also a great way to build intimacy with your partner)
Now that those guidelines are out of the way, let's get into the the fun of using food!
The foreplay process doesn't have to start once you hit the bedroom and the lights are out. Foreplay can begin during a romantic dinner, and in this situation using food is easy!
- Choose dishes that incorporate foods that are known to spark sexual arousal. Oysters, asparagus, almonds, chili peppers, avocado, eggs, and garlic are just a few of the foods known to get the body revved up for some sexual healing. Adding a glass of red wine to accompany your meal will send your body into a lusty overdrive
- Bananas, strawberries and figs are the sweeter aphrodisiacs that can be incorporated into desert dishes to top off the dinner. Add some chocolate to the mix and you have a winning combination to release dopamine into the body for a feeling of euphoria.
- Feeding your partner in between taking bites of your meal is a way to get a closer look at how he/she moves their mouth. This is a great way to begin to fantasize about how the mouth will be used once the physical intimacy begins. Foreplay is all about arousing yourself as well as your partner simultaneously.
In the bedroom
- Choose foods that are able to be eaten off of the body or shared simultaneously between both partners. Whipped cream, caramel, chocolate, fruit slices the sky is the limit.
- The best places to use these foods are on the chest/breasts, abdomen, booty, surface of the thighs and on the lips. Using these foods on the vulva can cause a pH imbalance that can lead to BV or a nasty Yeast infection so keep those sweet treats away from the lips below.
- Dip your fruit of choice into any of the sweet condiments you have chosen (honey, caramel, chocolate sauce) and let the excess drip on the nipples of your partner. Before taking a bite of the sugary fruit, use your tongue to lick up the trail that you left behind while stimulating the nipples of your partner. When your partner is all clean, place half of the fruit into your mouth and share it with your partner to end in a kiss
- Place fruit in the belly button of your partner and use your mouth to eat it out
- Blindfold your partner, Decorate your partner's body with whipped cream topping and fruit and lick it all off
- Come up with other cleaver ways to use fruit in the bedroom. The possibilities are endless!